Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is my place to journal my ramblings, life events and crafts. Please feel free to leave a comment.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I have been severely lagging.....

It has come to my attention that I seem to have trouble posting very often. I watched Julie & Julia last night (Great movie!) and as I watched Julie post on her blog almost obssessively - well ok, definitely obessessive - I realized that I rarely post anything at all. I seem to be stuck in a rut where if I did not have a new craft to show then I just did not post. I need to change this way of thinking. I started this blog to document not only my crafts but also my life's adventures. Even if my life is really not all that adventurous, I surely must have something to journal about. Right? (although my family has expressed their wishes to remain anonymous and out of the world wide web's spotlight!) I have never been much of a writer however I am an avid reader so I think I can get the hang of it quickly.

So let's see, where to start? I try to be an upbeat, happy person as much as possible. I figure if you smile on the outside, sooner or later it absorbs into the inside as well. If you go through life grumpy and complaining all the time then life is downright miserable. I refuse to give in and I try to enjoy life and view each day as a true gift from God.
But - (you knew that was coming, didn't you?) - our little family has had a few bumps over the past few months which has put a dent in my otherwise happy demeaner. We have our bouts of disfunctionality along with the rest of the human race and it seems to be killing my mood as well as my creativity lately. So! Time to get out of this funk and into the sunshiney happiness again!

Time to count my blessings ~ I vow to note and post about one blessing per day. (Sounds like a perfect project to start around Valentine's Day.)
 
My son (#2 of 3) and his little family are moving from Guam to Italy, however they get to stop in the states on their way. I will get some much needed quality time with our three year old granddaughter as well as my son and daughter in-law. This is certainly a good thing! He gives great hugs and I have missed him dearly and my daughter in-law is a jewel!

On a crafty note, I am just about finished with a little prezzie for a blogger friend and it will go in the mail tomorrow! Pics to follow after it has been received. I don't want to spoil her surprise! :o)

I hope everyone out there in blogger land is having a spectacular day!!

TTFN,
Dawn 

                                                     

No comments: