Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog! This is my place to journal my ramblings, life events and crafts. Please feel free to leave a comment.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Back again!

Well, obviously I am not a very good blogger! I cannot seem to post very often. I am finally going to post about the couch pillows I made over a month ago.

We have two large pillows left over from a couch we had a few years ago. The problem is that they are an ugly brown color and the fabric is really rough. (Herculon?) Plus, the down feathers constantly come out and poke you!



I decided to make covers for them, to not only pretty them up a bit but to try to contain the feathers a bit more.

 This rose print fabric is actually repurposed curtains that I had made for the log cabin we had in North Idaho. I loved the print then, and I love it still.

Here they are sitting together nicely. I lined them with muslin to add to their feather resistance abilities! Hubby loves them. Now he can properly curl up on the couch without getting stabbed with down feathers!

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Charade said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! Cool pillows.

Holly C. said...

Lovely! I love repurposing. :)